Looking to the future, the HUAWEI Cloud BU will work with partners to build a hybrid cloud with superior user experience for enterprise customers.
Established in 2017, HUAWEI CLOUD BU is committed to supporting the long-term growth of enterprises by providing stable, reliable, secure, and sustainable cloud services. For large- and medium-sized enterprises, HUAWEI CLOUD helps resolve difficulties in cloud transformation, reducing barriers to new opportunities. For small- and medium-sized enterprises, HUAWEI CLOUD provides support for the challenges of growth.
- On March 9, 2017, Huawei's Deputy Chairman of the Board and Rotating CEO Eric Xu announced the establishment of the ‘Cloud BU' at the Huawei China Eco-Partner Conference 2017.
- On June 21, 2017, HUAWEI CLOUD made its debut in China and released 20 cloud services in the first of a series of activities called ‘HUAWEI CLOUD: A Peek Into China's Future,' held in Nanjing.
- On July 11, 2017, HUAWEI CLOUD received high recognition from the British Standards Institution and earned the CSA Security, Trust & Assurance Registry (STAR) gold medal certification.
- On July 17, 2017, ChinaSoft International became a partner of HUAWEI CLOUD. The two parties will collaborate to promote cloudification among government and enterprise customers.
- On August 2, 2017, Chongqing ZBJ Network became a partner of HUAWEI CLOUD. The two parties will work together to provide better service for tens of millions of small- and medium-sized enterprises.
- On August 28, 2017, iSoftStone became a partner of HUAWEI CLOUD. The two parties will work together to promote government and enterprise cloudification.
- On September 5, 2017, HUAWEI CLOUD unveiled its innovative Enterprise Intelligence (EI) in the enterprise market at the HUAWEI CONNECT 2017 conference. At the conference, Huawei signed Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with Microsoft and Dassault Systèmes to collaborate further on the public cloud.
- On October 15, 2017, Huawei's Rotating CEO Eric Xu announced HUAWEI CLOUD's commitment to the three ‘nots' — 1) we do not develop applications, 2) we do not access customer data, and, 3) we do not make equity investments)
- On December 7, 2017, Talkweb became a partner of HUAWEI CLOUD. The two parties will provide governments and enterprises with nine industry solutions for the public cloud
- On January 11, 2018, Huawei and Kingdee Software signed a strategic cooperation agreement, which marked the beginning of extensive cooperation between HUAWEI CLOUD and Kingdee Cloud.
- On January 27, 2018, HUAWEI CLOUD and Yonyou Cloud jointly released four general enterprise services, including a marketing cloud, collaboration cloud, tax cloud, and U8 cloud, with the intent to accelerate the digital innovation of enterprises in the Asia-Pacific region.
- In February 2018, HUAWEI CLOUD officially released Deep Learning Service (DLS) and Blockchain Service (BCS).
- On March 15, 2018, HUAWEI CLOUD opened Hong Kong Data Centers to help enterprises expand business globally and create future innovations.
- On March 22, HUAWEI CLOUD became the only cloud service brand in China with PCI-DSS certification for all platforms, nodes, and services
HUAWEI CLOUD became the only cloud service brand in China to pass the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) certification for all platforms, nodes, and services. The certificate was awarded by the British Standards Institution (BSI), an international authoritative certification body, at the Huawei China Eco-Partner Conference 2018 in Qingdao. This certification demonstrates that the security of HUAWEI CLOUD is internationally acknowledged, and puts its security compliance among the top in the world.
- In the Market Guide for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, China report published in March 2018, Gartner lists Huawei as one of the leading hyperscale IaaS cloud providers owing to HUAWEI CLOUD's full-stack capabilities.
- On April 17, 2018, Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), the world's top open source community in cloud technology, officially announced Huawei is elected into the Technical Oversight Committee (TOC), making Huawei the first Asian company to be admitted into the CNCF TOC.
- In May, HUAWEI CLOUD became an SAP-certified platform for deploying SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver. Users can deploy SAP HANA databases and key SAP applications, such as SAP S/4 HANA, securely on HUAWEI CLOUD and obtain technical support from both Huawei and SAP.
- On June 6, James Wu, president of Huawei's Southeast Asia Region, announced Huawei will sponsor developers who innovate on Huawei Cloud and will present an award up to US$150,000 to developers who meet established requirements.
Huawei leverages its extensive R&D experience to implement full-stack optimization and develop hardware- and software-based computing, storage, and network services that meet the requirements of enterprise cloud customers. HUAWEI CLOUD delivers unified architectures, APIs, services, and ecosystems, facilitating multiple cloud business models that provide customers with unparalleled flexibility.
By the first anniversary of the HUAWEI CLOUD BU, HUAWEI CLOUD had launched more than 100 cloud services across 14 categories, and 60 solutions related to manufacturing; healthcare; eCommerce; Internet of Vehicles (IoV); Systems, Applications and Products; High-Performance Computing (HPC); and Internet of Things (IoT). Looking to the future, the HUAWEI CLOUD BU will work with partners to build a hybrid cloud with superior user experience for enterprise customers. Through these efforts, the HUAWEI CLOUD BU hopes to become the preferred cloud service partner of enterprises.